Tuesday, January 12, 2010

ANIM 126 - Assignment 1 + About Me



Assignment 1

**I feel terrible to post these images without artists' consent, but I wasn't able to remember who owned each image. If anybody knows, it would be greatly appreciated if you left a comment with a link or a name...



▲Rich in colours showing the beauty of nature. Love the sky which looks like you can get lost in it. The curves on the house match the curved horizon. I like how the shadows are of a blue shade.



▲I like the use of angles and curves. Especially the red triangular prism shaped ship. The colours help keep the cold and artificial look on the metal city but the bright colours seem to give it life.



The sun’s presence really shows though the colours and shadows. The lines aren’t distracting. Difference in details separate the characters from the background.



Contrast between big and small probably gives this dynamic appearance. The two big bridges balance out the direction of the cannons.



Not too realistic but not too cartoony either. Depth is shown through lines but also softening the colours. The colours seem to be leaning on a certain side of the spectrum too.





About Me

Initially my goals revolved around making comics. Even now I have an idea of crafting a piece of literature in the form of a comic. I had given no particular thought to animation until I took 2D Animation in high school. This opportunity got me interested in animation, so I decided to enrol in the Commercial Animation course.



I aspire to direct, write, design or be a lead animator for something animated. I want to create a piece that makes others feel. I want to write a script that is complex yet enjoyable for a wide range of viewers. I want to find appeal in my own designs and concepts. In order to do this I must attain basic knowledge and skills in that area.



I have learned a significant amount in the first semester. An instructor had said “animating something where you’re just giggling away is the best thing”, which I found I could resonate to. I would love to animate in the style of Medabots “Welcome to Ninja World” episode, where the characters have a crazy and stylized elasticity to every action. To be able to animate something like the “Sonic Riders” opening animation – with its snappy and zippy beat – would be cool too. Tex Avery’s stuff made me rethink the possibilities of cartoons. Although these styles are awesome I wish to develop my own style of animation in addition to being able to mimic other styles.



I basically strive to accomplish something I can be proud of. It would be an added bonus if many others could find enjoyment in whatever this accomplishment of mine produces.

No comments:

Post a Comment